Never Order A Sewing Machine On-line

by - Saturday, January 03, 2015

Hello Lovelies

Today I am sewing a simple chef apron just to see how my new sewing machine handles.  As you know I relocated to Hawaii from London, England.  Arriving state side with only 4 large suitcaseses.  

We all know that is not enougth room to fit a lifetime inside, but I was ruthless and I gave away or threw away anything that did not cut the mustard.

All my sewing utensils had to be culled and I ended up leaving my Berina sewing machine and taking my Brother Annerversary I love this machine it sews like a star and I have had no problems since I purchased it. 

Fast forward to live in Hawaii, I set my sewing table up I had cut my fabric and was all ready to go when......nothing, I know you know, but I didn't yes the voltage is different here so all that hard work getting my beautiful pink sewing machine state side was for nothing.

Undaughted I deciced to order a machine on line which i will be writing an blog post about soon.  I chose the Brother XR9500PRW.  This model was computerized had 140 stictches and had a quilting table to boot.  How could I go wrong?  

Well it turns out quite a bit.  I am only beginning to see the problems now.  After using a test fabric to sample the stiches, I find that the machine does not want to sew a straight line. 

What the Hey!  It was so bad I shoot a small video recording the antics of this horrid machine. will post that up tommorrow.

My advice NEVER buy a sewing machine on line.  Go to your local fabric store which sells machines and get them to give you a test drive of a machine in your price range.  I know they tend to be quite a bit expensive but it will be worth it.

If however you know your budget is tiny.  Try Walmart for a basic sewing machine if anything you can always take it back for a refund or exchange, they have a very good returns structure.

Learn from my mistake my lovelies.

Toddles 




Sample of the decretive stitches this Brother Machine does.















You May Also Like

0 comments